Mount Ijen Trekking
Mount Ijen Trekking
Mount Ijen Trekking is mountain Merapi or Kawa Ijen located in East Java, is about 175 km from Denpasar Bali, famously contains the biggest sulfuric acidic volcanic Crater Lake in the earth. The steaming waters of the lake take on a brilliant teal color, burning sulfuric gases emit a blue glow. Climb up to of about 1-2 hours to the slopes of the volcano to the rim, where hikers are rewarded with spectacular views of the colorful lake and the surrounding Ijen Plateau from 9,450 feet (2,880 meters) above sea level. While Ijen Crater qualifies as one of Indonesia’s most beautiful natural wonders. For more than four decades, the crater has been the site of sulfur mining activities, the men and women working the crater earn less than 25 U.S. cents per pound through the grueling work of hauling loads of sulfur weighing up to 220 pounds (100 kilos) from the crater floor.
DAY 01. Bali – Bayuwangi East Java
- 13:00 pm: Pick you up at your Hotel in Bali drive to Gilimanuk west Bali.
- 15:00 pm: Stop half way for coffee or tea break and see Soka beach and rice terrace.
- 17:00 pm: Arrival in Gilimanuk west Bali, where the ferry leaves for Java.
- 18:00 pm: Cross by ferry to Banyuwangi about 1 hour and drive to the Hotel.
- 18:30 pm: Check in and dinner in Ketapang Indah Hotel.
DAY 02. Bayuwangi – Kawa Ijen – Bali
- 03:00 am: Breakfast with coffee or tea before departing with our 4WD to Paltuding,
- 04:30 am: Arrival in Paltuding, is start point to climb mount Ijen, take 3 km to the top,
- 06:00 am: Arrival at the highest peak, enjoy spectacular the Ijen crater lake view,
- 07:00 am: Back to start point,
- 08:30 am: Arrival at start point and board car,
- 10:30 am: Arrival in Ketapang Indah hotel, check out and breakfet,
- 13:00 am: Back to Bali,
- 18:00 pm: Arrival around in Kuta Bali.
Tour Rate: USD 185/person (minimum 2 persons).
Services Includes: Comfort air condition car return, One night accommodation in Ketapang indah Hotel, Ferry, 4WD, Private trekking guides, Entrance fee, parking fee, Breakfast, Drinking water, Flashlights.
What to Bring: Long pants, Sport shoes, Jacket, camera.